2022 progress so far

We're a third of the way through the year so it's time to look at how I've done against the initial plan set out in January.

Aspirations for existing projects

  • Continue with 20mm Sikh Wars project 
  • Focus on the following periods with special attention to terrain:
    • WW2 Eastern Front 44-45 (1/76th) - nothing done👎 
    • WW2 Yugoslavia 43-45 (1/76th) - nothing done👎 
    • WW2 Italy 43-45 (15mm) - nothing done👎 
    • First/French Indo-China War (20mm) - made a base and surround for an Indo-China village and added some indigenous tribes fighters👍👍
    • 16th Century Western European Wars (15mm) -  some research but no painting
    • Zona Alfa/Last Days Zombie apocalypse (20mm) - nothing done 👎 
  • Decide what to do with unused 28mm figures - German WW1 platoon; LRDG; Ninjas; Waffen SS - nothing done👎 
  • Continue blogging - I've posted more than 35 times which is quite a lot👍👍

New projects

  • Research and start collection for something completely different - I've looked at a few things but nothing has really grabbed me enough to start collecting.

Gaming

  • Play an Old West game - 👍 
  • Play a Zona Alfa game - 👎 
  • Play a 16th Century game -👎
  • Play a WW2 game -👎
I did manage to fit in two unplanned games; one French Indo-China War and another of the French in 19thC Algeria which were great fun.  I only managed to play 1 of the 4 games I originally intended.  

The usual mixed bag then of sticking to the plan and going off on a tangent.  Early in the year my interest in the French Wars of Decolonisation was reignited and I restarted my stalled Algerian War project (check the labels or search to see all related posts). This dominated my hobby time from January through to March.  I have only worked on 3 projects this year: Algerian War, French Indo-China, and First Anglo-Sikh War.  I suppose that's quite focused with two of the three being on the plan.

In early March a member of my immediate family was taken seriously ill and hospitalised for a month.  That blew the wheels off to a large degree and I've only just getting things on an even keel.  After the two years of the pandemic this was the last thing I wanted and once again just goes to show that you never know what's around the corner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City ruins scatter terrain

28mm Victrix Late-Roman Archers and Slingers

More 28mm Dark Age warriors