First Anglo-Sikh War - EIC Sepoy Regiment

Here's the first batch of painting of the year, a regiment of East India Company Sepoys for the First Anglo-Sikh War.

As usual all figures are 20mm Newline Designs.  I hadn't painted any miniatures since October when I did a Sikh regiment.  When I started these I was full of enthusiasm but when I got to the beginning of the third week working on these they were pissing me right off.  I tend to do production line painting in blocks of no more than 12 and I decided to do all 24 of these in one go, so perhaps that was it.  Or possibly the weather has been dull and there's been little natural light.  Whatever it was by the time I was painting the 24th pair of backpack straps I was wondering how the hell do Napoleonic collectors keep at it unit after unit?  Better men than me.

Moaning aside I'm pleased with how they turned out but I can't see myself doing anymore for a little while now. 

I believe that there should be two standard bearers as in a British regiment, but Newline only provided one in the regiment pack.  Maybe I'll contact Sean at Newline to query this.  I also need to sort out the correct standard, although due to a scarcity of reference material online I didn't base this regiments colours on a real unit, I kept them deliberately bland.  

As I was doing this I realised I took a lot of pictures of the rear of the unit.  Perhaps it was because this is what I spent a lot of  time painting. 

I'm now in the enviable/unenviable position with no new figures left to paint.

Comments

  1. there should be two standard bearers, when I was creating my own 20mm Sikh Wars I asked Sean to make me some more , which he did , which was nice. He also made molds for some Bengal cavalry however I never managed to convince him to do Bengal Irregular cavalry. Maybe you will have better luck
    Steve

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

City ruins scatter terrain

28mm Victrix Late-Roman Archers and Slingers

More 28mm Dark Age warriors