The hobby week - 21 May to 27 May

A successful week of hobby activity.  I'm taking The Yarkshire Gamer's advice and "not fcking about just getting it done".

Gaming

  • I played another game of Burrows and Badgers.  Read the AAR here

Painting/modelling  

  • I finished the rocky scatter terrain pieces for use in Algeria and Mediterranean games.  To see more have a look here.
  • I did a quick conversion job on an Old West shack for my B & B game.  I wanted it to look a bit more "oldy, worldy" so settled on a turf roof.  This was a bit of old brown flannel (washcloth) cut to slightly bigger than the roof to allow for a slight overhang.  I brushed Dulux grass green emulsion over this but was careful to allow some of the brown to still show through.  I added highlights using increasing  amounts of Dulux matched to Iraqui Sand to the green.  I didn't even stick it down as it balanced on the roof well enough (well for most of the game it did).  Rough and ready but did the job and gives me a multi period shack!    
  • I've been working through my 15mm WW2 Italian Campaign collection and improving the bases.  I've completed the Axis forces (here) and made a start on the Allies.  

Research & Reading

  • I've finished Fortress of Fury by Matthew Harfly, following the warrior Beobrand set in 7th Century Britain.  An easy and enjoyable read.  It's a period that appeals as does the earlier Arthurian Age.  However, I wonder whether gaming these periods would give a sufficiently different game to the later Norse Age, of which I've already got two small armies?
  • I've started Peter Caddick-Adams' Monte Cassino: 10 Armies in Hell.  Cracking read.  

Incoming!

  • Once again no purchases.  I'm really enjoying going back over my collection, taking stock and making improvements.  I've got years of activity there if I want it let alone buying anything new!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City ruins scatter terrain

28mm Victrix Late-Roman Archers and Slingers

More 28mm Dark Age warriors