The Great Tree Project, Phase 2 - basing and finishing off

The trees have been dipped in PVA, the detailing and painting of the trunks is complete, we're finally onto basing.  

All based and ready for texturing

Apart from using smaller size bases (30, 32 and 40mm) and gluing rather than drilling holes to attach the trees, the  bases for the Noch ones were done in the same way as in Phase 1 (details here and here).  I only used a couple of bigger two tree bases this time.  I also deliberately left eight trees unbased.  The moulded on roots of the Noch trees mean they'll stand reasonably well if carefully placed.  This gives greater flexibility to mix them in with the larger trees from Phase 1 and change the trees about on the multi bases. 

Large bases with texture added

With additional flexibility in mind, while I had everything out I removed a couple of the trees from the Phase 1 three tree bases.  As they were screwed in this was a simple job.  I made a few extra single bases for these leaving a few of the larger trees free to be added to different bases as and when. 


     

And that's Phase 2 done.  I really like these Noch trees, they're good value and I really like the detail of the roots.  It was well worth putting the effort into improving the trunks.  I'm sure I'll end up buying more at some stage. 

All the based trees from Phase 1 and 2 together

Just the conifer types to do next - only another 30 odd.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

City ruins scatter terrain

28mm Victrix Late-Roman Archers and Slingers

More 28mm Dark Age warriors