More 28mm Dark Age/Germanic warriors

I enjoyed working on the first batch of Dark Ages warriors that I made from the Victrix Unarmoured Romans (see here) so much, that it's no word of a lie to say that I'd started on this batch before the last coat of varnish was drying on the first lot.

As with the first batch I've made these quite generic.

I more or less kept to the suggested parts combinations on the leaflet.  However, I did use two heads from the Dark Age Archers box just to mix things up.  And yes I still kept notes of what parts I used.  I'm adamant that I want as much variety as possible across the force.  

The shields are finished with Little Big Man shield transfers again.  I learnt from the first batch to cut  the centre out as closely as possible to improve the fit around the boss and therefore the whole shield. As with the first batch I didn't glue the shields or add any swords to the figures to make them more versatile.

The third batch were already in progress as I was added the finishing touches to these.  I'm making them more specifically as Gothic warriors so will be a bit different. 

All the lads together

Comments

  1. At the moment they're blu-tacked in place. Once I build up the force and decide on it's composition I may glue some in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

City ruins scatter terrain

28mm Victrix Late-Roman Archers and Slingers

More 28mm Dark Age warriors