28mm Norse warriors

As I was working on the 10mm Ogre Ironguts I was also painting up six Victrix figures to use as Norse warriors for my Ragnarok project.  

The majority of the parts came from the Victrix Dark Age Archers set, but I added in some spares from a Viking sprue to make the spearman and axeman.  I did some cutting and replacing of hands to make these work and that's one of the great advantages of plastic figures. I also used a head from a Viking sprue and another one from a Viking Command sprue for two of the figures. 

When I assembled these I very methodically took notes of what parts I used for each figure.  The aim is to stick this all on a spreadsheet and it'll help organise me as I build more.  I don't mind if you call me OCD.  The Victrix sets give such a fantastic number of parts that they're very good value.  The quality of course is second to none.


A few of them can also do double duty as Germanics for the Late-Roman project that I'll be starting on this year.  Here they in front of a backdrop that I quickly knocked up in Photoshop.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

City ruins scatter terrain

Back to the beginning - micro armour

Swamp scatter terrain