2023 plan part 1 - January to April

Happy New Year to everyone.  It really seems only 5 minutes ago that we were starting 2022.  Where did 2023 go?  

As is my wont for hobby purposes I shall be splitting the year into three sections of four months with Salute at the end of April being the first key milestone to work towards.  I'm starting the year with the largest amount of plastic/resin/metal that I can remember.  I started 2022 with only 24 20mm figures to paint.  I'm starting 2023 with 321 unpainted figures in 10, 15 and 28mm scales. 

New projects

I'm starting the year with a brand new project.  You can read about it here
  • Late-Romans/Pre-Arthurian (28mm)
    • Research, research, research
    • Make a start on assembling and painting figures

Existing projects

  • Ragnarok (28mm) - this is a project I started a couple of years ago but I’ve become very enthused by it again
    • Assemble and paint another Norse force using Victrix figures
    • Collect appropriate character and monster figures
  • 16th Century Western European Wars (15mm)
    • Research, research, research
    • Start painting Grumpy's Miniatures Landsknechts
    • Purchase/make specific terrain
  • Warmaster Revolution (10mm)
    • Continue painting Chaos Dwarf units
    • Continue painting Ogre Kingdoms units
The following projects are there for when I fancy a change and I'll try and chip away at these as the year progresses:
  • Algerian War (20mm)
    • Repaint helicopter models
  • WW2 Italy 43-45 (15mm) 
    • Work on bases for the MDF buildings
    • Repaint water tower building
  • Zona Alfa/Last Days Zombie apocalypse (20mm)
    • Work on MDF ruined buildings
    • Make specific terrain/scenic pieces
  • Terrain (28mm)
    • Make terrain/scenic pieces that can be used for any of my 28mm/32mm collections (Celtos, Warmachine/Hordes, Burrows and Badgers and Ancients/Dark Ages)
  • Finally finish off the 1/48th Sopwith Camel model

Gaming

  • Try and play a minimum of 3 games.  Possible games in mind as I write this are:
    • Fantasy using my Celtos figures - I need to play the Goria final between the Sidhe (Elves) and Fir Bolg (Undead)
    • WW2 Eastern Front
    • Burrows & Badgers (my warbands have been in hibernation since the summer)
    • Zona Alfa
    • Seven Years War
    • Ancients using my 10mm Punic Wars collection
    • Warmachine/Hordes
There we are.  I'm very excited with the four key projects I've got on the go, let’s see if I can keep the butterfly at bay and crack on. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City ruins scatter terrain

28mm Victrix Late-Roman Archers and Slingers

More 28mm Dark Age warriors