The hobby week - 19 November to 25 November

 I've had a decent week hobby wise.

  • I've made steady progress with a regiment of 10mm Chaos Dwarf Blunderbusses for Warmaster Revolution.  Learning from my first batch of Chaos Dwarfs I split a lot of the strips as I find them easier to paint this way.  They're quirky, characterful little models which is why I chose to collect this army. 
  • I've done more of the Stug IIIG that's been sitting on the table for ages.  Just details and weathering to do now.
Dwarfs and a Stug in progress
  • I've finished adding the magnets to my Warmachine and Hordes figures.  I like mixing this sort of practical, straightforward job with painting.  Handling the figures gives me a real appreciation of what lovely sculpts most of them are.  If I say so myself there's some decent paint jobs as well.
Warmachine 

Hordes
  • I got the time to take some photos and write a post about the 10mm Ogres that I finished last week.  You can see the ugly, fat blighters here.  

Research & Reading

  • I've been watching a fair bit of tele again.  I finished off SAS Rogue Heroes on BBC which had some ridiculous moments (and an obviously modern tank) in the last episode but overall it was a good bit of fun like a 1970s Commando comic.  Peaky Blinders in the desert.  I've also watched two of the Hobbit films this week which of course has made me think about a 10mm Wood Elf army.
  • I've started reading Iron Kingdoms, the history of Prussia 1660 to 1945.  This is a big old tome and will take a while to get through. 
  • To make the commute go quicker I've been seeking escapism with Richard Sharpe in Sharpe's Fortress.  

Incoming!

  • I reinvested some of the money from my eBay sales in some Army Painter  brushes and a red wash.  I've been using an Army Painter hobby base coating brush and it's very nice so I bought three other sizes.  For proper painting I’ve always used old style Citadel brushes which I find last for years and I’ve been looking for a reasonably priced alternative for sometime.  Jarvis Sable and AP hobby are the nearest so far I’ve found.  As with most of my supplies I got these from Cottage Craft.  Ordered Monday and delivered on Tuesday.  Like Warbases Cottage Craft provide excellent reliable services and good prices.
  • I also took a trip to the nearest Hobbycraft.  I've never been to one of these before.  There was quite a lot of good stuff but all I bought was some florist wire for 62p.  I'm absolutely mad me.

Outgoing 

  • The Waffen SS figures that I put up on eBay the other week sold.  I thought they would sell straightaway, but they're now off to a new home and I have some more cash to reinvest. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City ruins scatter terrain

28mm Victrix Late-Roman Archers and Slingers

More 28mm Dark Age warriors