Old West Gunfighters

After finishing off the last of the Sikh-Wars figures I realised I had very little left to paint apart from 12 Perry Miniatures plastic ACW and a sprue of five Great Escape Games Gunfighters. I'd got these to combine with a pack of NorthStar Cultists to make these sinister critters (more here). 

There's 5 bodies and 5 pairs of legs on the sprue and a plethora of arms and heads.  I think they'd be enough to make 10 different enough figures, which is what I believe you get in a full pack.  I only use 28mm for skirmish games now, so I'm interested in making them as different as possible hence why I  tend to only buy the odd sprue. 

When I made the cultists I complained that the hands on these Great Escape figures were massive.  There's still a few like that but it seems they were more the ones with the older, larger Colt pistols.  The ones with the Peacemakers look much better.  

They painted up really nicely.  There's lots of details and I enjoyed doing them.  I buy a few 28mm a year to make up and paint purely for the pleasure of it.  Even without taking the cost and storage issues into account, I just wouldn't want to have armies of them to do, they'd become a chore then and not the nice change they are by just doing a few now and then.   

My favourite three

They'll join the cast of 100s in my Old West collection.  Due to the weaponry I gave them, only one will really be suitable for my favoured period which is pre-Civil War, but I've got plenty of figures that can be used with them all.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City ruins scatter terrain

Back to the beginning - micro armour

Swamp scatter terrain