The hobby week - 23 July to 29 July

Back to normal Summer time weather in the UK this week - dull as ditch water and around 20 C.  I'm not complaining at all, it certainly makes it easier to do anything.  

Painting/modelling  

  • I completed the Apocalyptic/Dark Old West Cultists which you can see here.
  • I cleaned up, primed and started painting a unit of Bengal Light Dragoons for the First Anglo-Sikh War.  This is the last unit I've got left to do for this project.
 
  • I cleaned up a pack of three British Generals, the last of the Sikh Wars figures. 

Research & Reading

  • After spending time last week looking at Ancients and Medievals and finding nothing to really inspire, I revisited an old interest of Japanese warfare.  And this has inspired me, specifically the Medieval era of the Gempei Wars and the Mongol Invasions.  I'll be posting on this in the next few weeks.

Incoming!

  • On the back of my rekindled interest in Medieval Japan I ordered up two Osprey Campaign books.  From Amazon came "The Gempei War 1180–85" and I picked up "The Mongol Invasions of Japan 1274 and 1281" from World of Books for £6.49, a steal.  Both are very nice volumes, I've started reading "The Gempei War 1180–85".  Like a lot of Osprey books whatever the series, they can be a bit hit and miss but a good one is worth it's weight in gold and both of these appear good ones.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City ruins scatter terrain

28mm Victrix Late-Roman Archers and Slingers

More 28mm Dark Age warriors