The hobby week - 11 June to 17 June

Not too much to report, all my hobby activity this week has been spent working on the Mediterranean buildings.

Painting/modelling  

  • I completed the exterior wall paint jobs of all the Spanish/Italian buildings except for the water tower which is still as built.  Details here
  • Still with the Med. buildings I've been working on all the odds and sods such as the walls for the farm and villa sets, and painting the wooden parts of each building.  I should be able to complete them this weekend.  I've enjoyed doing them but it's been well over a month since I painted any figures and I'm itching to get some done.  I'll do a post with the completed buildings next week. 

Research & Reading

  • I've finished reading "Jungle of Snakes: A Century of Counterinsurgency Warfare from the Philippines to Iraq" except for The Algerian War section.    Knowing that The Algerian War is one of "my things" and the reason why I bought the book, I can hear all 5 of you that follow this blog ask "Major B why oh why did you do that?"  Well, I'm planning a game and will read it nearer the time to get me in the "zone".

Incoming!

  • I know it's hard to believe but I spent some money.  After last week's declaration I was the wargames equivalent of Norbert Colon, I awoke  to an email from Helion saying they'd  discounted all the Peter Dennis Paper Soldiers books.  I briefly thought of a splurge, but sense and my natural tightness prevailed and I opted for the PDF of the European Buildings title.  Very nice it is too.  I'll not be using this for 28mm, but will print out selected ones for scaled for 15 or 20mm. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

City ruins scatter terrain

28mm Victrix Late-Roman Archers and Slingers

More 28mm Dark Age warriors