The hobby week - 02 April to 08 April

I'm very pleased and relieved that things have settled down in the real world.  Consequently I've had a bit more hobby time and here's what I've been doing: 

Painting/modelling  

  • I painted and finished off the Newline Designs 20mm Sikh infantry regiment for the First Anglo-Sikh War that I'd cleaned up and primed last week.  Click here to see some pics.

Research & Reading

  • I've been reading "The Commotion Time" by E.T.Fox.  This is one of Helion's From Retinue to Regiment titles covering warfare from 1453-1618.  It details what's often called "The Prayer book Rebellion" which took place in the West Country 1549.  I got it as a Christmas present and it's a fascinating read.
  • I've been looking at Lion Rampant and The Pikeman's Lament and seeing which is going to be best for Tudor and Elizabethan 16th C warfare.  I'm determined to get the 16th Century project back on track for the next part of the year.

Incoming!

  • No spending this week.  I've got more than enough to keep me busy with existing projects. 

Comments

  1. Nice painted figures there. I'll be interested to hear your reviews of your reading when you've finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard. I'll do a post on tbe book. It's very good so far.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

City ruins scatter terrain

28mm Victrix Late-Roman Archers and Slingers

More 28mm Dark Age warriors