The hobby week - 12 February - 18 February 2022

Third week of Feb and here's the summary of my hobby activity:

Painting/modelling  

  • I finished off the Battlezone Miniatures USMC raiders which I'm using as ALN fighters for the Algerian War project.  Have a look here
  • I did some surgery on  a few old Battlefield Miniatures figures and swapped their heads to make them more suitable for ALN. 
  • I cleaned up a pack of Battlezone Native raiders.  These are much bigger figures than the USMC Raiders in a very different style and must have been done by a different sculptor.  Due to the oriental features and clothing I decided to do them for Indo-China rather than Algeria which was their intended purpose.
  • I cleaned up a Battlezone MG team which will do as French conscripts in Algeria.
  • I found an old Battlefield Miniatures WW2 French para which works as well for Indo-China or Algeria so added him to the table while I was in the zone.
  • I cleaned up another few Battlezone US Marines and took their heads off ready for a swap. 
Stuff on the desk this week

Research

Purchases

No purchases coming in this week, although I have placed a good size order with Newline Designs for the Sikh Wars project.  I'm hoping that I'll have made good progress with the Algerian War project by the time they arrive and I can get cracking on them straightaway.  I don't like stuff sitting about for too long.  Experience has taught me that it might never get done!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City ruins scatter terrain

28mm Victrix Late-Roman Archers and Slingers

More 28mm Dark Age warriors