First Anglo-Sikh War - Sikh firing line pt 2

During the first week back after my holiday I managed to do the front rank of the Sikh regular regiment.  This batch are the command and firing figures.  I'd completed the second rank of loading figures before I went away - (see here).  

I followed the steps I'd documented with the first batch exactly, making a couple of small refinements. The first was to varnish the trousers, boots and skin areas once they were finished.  I did this so that when I painted the jackets I could easily wipe off any paint that strayed onto the varnished areas with an old moist brush.  I use this method quite a lot with 28mm figures and it can save a lot of time retouching areas.  

The second refinement was to add the grass tufts to the bases while the second coat of varnish was drying.  By the time I'd done that they were ready for the third and final coat of varnish.  I'm continually looking at cutting down the overall time it takes to complete a unit so I'll adopt this method from now on.

The completed regiment
    

It's been a busy week with some not so good things happening.  Although it's only 12 figures I felt it was an achievement to get these sturdy warriors done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City ruins scatter terrain

28mm Victrix Late-Roman Archers and Slingers

More 28mm Dark Age warriors