Half year report

As we're now halfway through the year it's a good opportunity to take stock of what I've achieved and put some thought in what I'd like to work on in the second half of 2021.

The Covid pandemic still impacts all aspects of life including the hobby. However, here it's a positive impact as I'm not spending a minimum of 4 hours a day commuting. The time saved and the fact I'm not tired all the time has been a gift. Of course I wish for an end to what's been a terrible time for many. But I hope the "new normal" isn't a return to how things were because frankly some of it wasn't that great. Now onto hobby matters.

 Achievements

  • Completed 129 figures - 68 10mm, 51 28mm and 10 15mm. That's not bad for me.  
  • Rebased all of my 15mm Franco-Prussian War war collection.
  • Rebased 7 28mm WW2 figures to sell (and recycled the bases they were on).
  • Made a statue terrain piece for Zona Alfa/Zombie games
  • Based 30 large trees
  • Completed 1/72 Boulton-Paul Defiant model kit
  • Made 72 order dice for Bolt Action games
  • Made temporary movement bases for all my 10mm Punic Wars collection
  • Made temporary movement bases for all my 15mm Elizabethan collection 
  • Repainted 2 tanks and a MMG team for my 15mm WW2 Sikh force

Games played

  • Donnybrook French Indian War skirmish 15mm
  • Donnybrook 1588 Spanish invasion of England skirmish 15mm
  • Bolt Action Operation Barbarossa skirmish 28mm

Plans for the rest of the year

Aspirations for existing projects

  • Complete 28mm German WW2 Winter infantry (for AE:WW2/Dieselpunk games)
  • Continue with 20mm Sikh Wars project - complete British infantry regiment; Sikh Dragoon regiment and Sikh Generals
  • Buy more figures for the Sikh Wars project
  • Buy figures to complete 28mm German WW1 platoon
  • Buy figures to start 28mm French WW1 platoon
  • Base conifer trees
  • Base smaller deciduous trees
  • Work on 15mm Mediterranean village

New projects

  • Research and start new collection for either 15th C Eastern Europe or 17th C Eastern Europe
  • Research another 19th C Colonial period

Gaming

  • Play a Zona Alfa game
  • Play a Seven Years War game
  • Play an AE:WW2 game
  • Play a Bolt Action Far East game
Who knows how much of the above I'll be able to achieve? It depends very much on what happens with the pandemic, if/when I need to return to the work place and real life. Keep tuned to find out...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City ruins scatter terrain

28mm Victrix Late-Roman Archers and Slingers

More 28mm Dark Age warriors