28mm Second World War Partisans

I picked up a packet of Copplestone Castings Russian Civil War Partisans at the end of November.  I'm always on the lookout for more Partisans to add to my Second World War Partisan force and these are perfect being clothed and armed just as appropriately for the later conflict.

You get ten figures in the pack.  I got seven unique figures and three duplicates in the pack.  I don't like duplicates in any scale, but particularly for skirmish games so I swapped the heads on three figures.  Two of the duplicates got heads from the plastic Warlord Games Red Army Infantry set, with the third getting a head from one of the Victrix Dark Ages sets (I'm not sure which one). 

There's something very tactile when painting metals, more so than with a plastic figure.  Perhaps it's the details are cut different or just they weigh more and feel better in the hand.  Certain elements are chunkier, such as the weapons but I found these to be very well proportioned.   I wish there were others in the Copplestone range that I could use.  

I really enjoyed painting these and they didn't take long to do at all.  I'm very happy with the way they've come out and they would do very nicely for any Eastern European/Balkans games set in the first half of the 20th Century.  

They're based on 25mm x 3mm MDF bases to fit in with all my 28mm Second World War.  I started doing this purely because I had a load of 3mm deep bases to hand when I built my early war Red Army and Wehrmacht forces.  Although I have two 28mm collections on 2p's I'm too far in to rebase this  collection.  As it turns out the deeper bases are  easier to handle.  As I've been suffering a little with tendon trouble in my left hand this has been a boon.  In fact I didn't even bother putting this batch onto bases (drink tops) for painting which saves some time.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks as ever Richard. I very much appreciate all your kind comments and support. All the best for the New Year.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

City ruins scatter terrain

28mm Victrix Late-Roman Archers and Slingers

More 28mm Dark Age warriors