15mm Landsknecht pikemen and halberdiers

As soon as I'd finished off the Landsknecht arquebusiers and musicians (here) I cracked on with the  remaining 33 figures.  This was 30 pikemen/halberdiers (they're the same figure you just get the halberds if you order that code) and two officers and a standard bearer.  

I haven't attached any of the pikes or halberds to the figures yet.  This gives me a lot of flexibility in what units I can field, but was a right pain in the arse when taking the photos!  I'll have to glue the majority in place before I attempt to use them in a game. 

As before the majority of the figures are based in pairs on 30x15mm bases with a few based singly on 15x15mm bases to allow for casualty removal.  The two figures based on round bases (above left) can be used as either Sergeants, Officers or Standard Bearers which class as characters in Donnybrook.  

The pikes are made from a broom bristles.  They worked very well although the paint hasn't adhered as well as I'd like even after a few coat's of varnish.  You'll be relieved to know that the broom's performance doesn't appear to have suffered.  

Here's all the pikemen together. 

And here's the whole darn lot with all the characters in the front.  

I'm very pleased with how these have turned out.  I've still got some  mostly unpainted 15mm Mike's Models Landsknechts that I've had since the early 1980's and the Grumpy's figures are worthy successors to these.  Like the Mike's Models ones these ooze character.  You could say this project has been forty years or more in the making.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

City ruins scatter terrain

28mm Victrix Late-Roman Archers and Slingers

More 28mm Dark Age warriors