Post-Apocalyptic Neo Sov characters

Here's some more figures for Zona Alfa and other games with a neo-Soviet feel.

They're all 20mm Elhiem from their Modern range.  The 3 "stalkers" (I dislike that term, conjures up horrible thoughts) are Modern Russians in Gorkas and body armour.  The other figure is described as a "cleric or boss pointing up" who works very nicely as a leader for my Fanatics gang.  

Unlike their Zombies the figures from Elhiem’s Modern Russian, Insurgents and Survivors/Gangs ranges are excellent.  They’re crisply detailed and lovely to paint.

All of the figures in this project are individually based on pennies.  For 20mm figures I don’t think you can beat pennies either aesthetically or for ease.  They are a perfect size, all uniform, need no prep and stating the obvious you’ll not get cheaper!  I add a layer of Javis urban scatter.  Once dry I add a mix I made up of various sands and gravels of different sizes.  Once this has dried I stick on bits of old MDF and plastic of random shapes to look like bits of building.  The whole lot gets painted in progressively lighter shades of grey.  I then pick out bits in various brick and wood colours.  Finally I add some washes in pools to look like stains or oil spills.  I’m pretty pleased with the bases and have managed to get them looking consistent across all of my collection.  

I've completed all the Elhiem figures that came in April now.  There's a few more I've got my eye on like RPG and LMG gunners, but I've nearly got all that I want for this collection now.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City ruins scatter terrain

28mm Victrix Late-Roman Archers and Slingers

More 28mm Dark Age warriors