The hobby week - 10 December to 16 December

I'm still trying to finish off anything in play before year end.  

  • All my efforts have gone into working on the next regiment of Chaos Dwarf Blunderbusses.  When completing the first regiment I did think about having a change and doing some more Ogres, but the dwarfs were all primed and ready to go so it made more sense to crack on with them.  I'm pleased to say I've made good progress and I should be able to finish them this weekend. 

Research & Reading

  • I've finished reading The Encircling Sea, the second book of Adrian Goldsworthy's Vindolanda trilogy.  Like the first book it's been a really enjoyable and exciting read.  I'll make sure I read the last of them early in in 2023 especially as I have another trilogy waiting which is directly relevant to a new project I'll be starting in the new year.
  • I also read a nice little book called The Battle of Lincoln 1141, which I found on my last visit to my local library.  This interested me as I spent an enjoyable day in Lincoln this year and walked round the castle grounds and surrounding areas.  The book is only 46 pages long and easy to read.  It gives a good overview of the battle and events leading up to and after, with some basic information on the combatants and warfare of the period. 

Incoming!

  • The hobby week started with the first of my outstanding orders arriving.   This was  50 or so 15mm Landsknechts by Grumpy's Miniatures supplied by Eureka UK.  I've wanted these for years.  The moulds have changed hands a number of times and I thought you could only now get them from Eureka in Australia.  By chance I checked Eureka UK and was absolutely chuffed to see they were doing them.  Using the money I got from selling just five painted plastic 28mm Waffen SS on eBay, I ordered multiples of everything from the range.  They were cast to order, and what with the mail  disruption they've been a while getting to me but they're well worth the wait.  Lovely characterful figures and very cleanly cast, they will do very nicely for all those wars of the second half of the 16th Century that interest me so much.  Eureka are another one of those quality companies that never disappoint either in product or service and they charge a very fair postage rate. 

  • And on Friday morning just as I was completing this a large box came containing another outstanding order.  A lovely way to start the day.  I'll reveal all next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bolt Action - Algeria '57

City ruins scatter terrain

Back to the beginning - micro armour