Chaos Dwarf Blunderbusses

Over the last month or so I've been working on two regiments of Chaos Dwarf Blunderbusses for Warmaster Revolution.  I finished the first regiment a couple of weeks ago intending to take some photos and post, but in the end I cracked on with the second regiment and did them all together.

These are all 10mm 3D printed figures bought from MGS Miniatures.  No real clean up required apart from the removal of some supports from the firing figures  You have to be very careful about this as it's easy to break the end off the blunderbuss as I found to my cost on the first few I did.  

They're primed and painted in acrylics my usual mix of Vallejo, Citadel and Army Painter.  One regiment was done in a red and green colour scheme as in the regimental colours of the French Foreign Legion.  I added in some gold as the third colour.  


The second regiment was painted with the Ancient Assyrians in mind and I used a blue, yellow and red  scheme.  The most time consuming part was trying to do variations on all the hats and pick out the details.    


As with the Axemen regiments the standards are designs from the White Dwarf Chaos Dwarf compilation.  I took the designs I wanted into Photoshop, reduced them right down and printed them on regular paper.  I then carefully cut each one out and stuck them on the standard with PVA.  Once dry I carefully painted the surrounding standard and blended the design in.  I think they look alright especially when on the table in a game.  

I've got one last regiment of Axemen to do for the Chaos Dwarf infantry.  Completing these and the Ogre Kingdoms army I started on will form one of my main projects for 2023.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City ruins scatter terrain

28mm Victrix Late-Roman Archers and Slingers

More 28mm Dark Age warriors