The hobby week - 22 October to 28 October

I was having quite a productive week hobby wise until an unexpected and unwelcome visit from Covid scuppered things.  I’m amazed I’ve got away with it this long really and grateful I'd had all my vaccinations,  because I wouldn't want to feel any worse than I did during the latter part of the week. 

Gaming

  • I posted the AAR for the Warlords of Erehwon game I played at the tail end of last week. This was the second Celtos semi-final between the undead Fir Bolg orc Formorians for the right to play the elven Sidhe in the final.  You can see what happened here

Painting/modelling  

  • I've nearly finished painting the first two 10mm Chaos Dwarf regiments for Warmaster Revolution. If it wasn’t for that pesky Covid I reckon I’d have finished them.
  • As I was focusing on the Chaos Dwarfs I've only done a tiny bit more of the Butler's Printed Models 1/76th Stug 111G.  
  • I've been improving the storage for my Celtos figures.  As I mentioned last week having had my Celtos figure out lately I realised how poorly stored they are and how annoying it is they all shuffle about in the boxes.  Having equipped myself with some rubber backed steel sheets and 250 magnets I spent a good few hours adding a blob of Milliput to the underside of each base and sticking a magnet to it.  I then lined each box with the sheet and there we have it no more sliding about.  The Warmachine and Hordes figures will be done next.  

Research & Reading

  • I've read Under Occupation by Alan Furst.  This was his latest one and it's the usual high quality Furst espionage.    He really captures the atmosphere of what I imagine it must have been like in occupied Paris.  I rattled through it very quickly which I always think is the sign of a good book.
  • I spent a bit of time checking up on the latest state of play with Warmachine. Mk IV is being play tested so it’s wait and see for the minute.  

Incoming!

  • The only purchase this week was 250 magnets. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City ruins scatter terrain

Back to the beginning - micro armour

Swamp scatter terrain