The hobby week - 01 October to 07 October

I've had a more productive week with a variety of hobby activity.

Gaming

  • I played my first real game of Warlords of Erehwon using my Celtos figures.  I'd played a test game in September and I decided to use the same forces and play again.  I'll post a report on this next week. 

Painting/modelling  

  • I've made some significant progress with the 1/48th Revell/Eduard Sopwith Camel.  It's such a fragile kit that I've been trying to work out how best to finish it without destroying some of the parts.  All the main assembly is done, the painting is done and weathered and I've varnished the model.  I'm going to try and get the decals on before I attempt to attach the guns, the wings and the undercarriage.  Lord knows how I'll attempt the rigging.  I've watched Alex Sotheran on a Storm of Steel live stream do some of his and it looks a truly painful experience. 

  • I've started a test strip of 10mm Chaos Dwarfs.  I played about with a white undercoat and wash but this looked awful so I went for the traditional black undercoat.  Once I got into it it went ok.  I've got 90 just of this type to do, so I hope I'll have perfected the technique early on so I can churn them out.

Research & Reading

  • I've been continuing with Pax Romana.  It's a fascinating and very enjoyable read.   

Incoming!

  • No purchases this week. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City ruins scatter terrain

Back to the beginning - micro armour

Swamp scatter terrain