Burrows & Badgers

As mentioned in the last weekly update, I started collecting Burrows & Badgers miniatures in 2016.  I was between projects at Salute with cash to spend and that's a dangerous combination. 

The figures appealed to me straight away.  They combine two of my favourite things:  animals and wargames miniatures.  I spent a fair bit, so much that Jo Lovejoy (one half of Oathsworn Miniatures) gave me a free copy of the then current rule book. 

As I started to paint the miniatures, I could really appreciate how well done they are.  I backed the 2017 kickstarter and probably painted my last one in 2018 by which time Osprey had released the rulebook.  The rulebook  is beautifully done.  There's a real charm about the game even though it's actually quite brutal and bloody.


As is the norm I've been off an many a tangent in the subsequent years and it's only in the last few weeks  I've reacquainted myself with B&B.  The game and miniatures have become well established  now.  There's a fair bit of support material around on Facebook and particularly YouTube which has been great as I learn the rules.  The Oathsworn Miniatures, Black Dragon Miniatures and Magrathea Builder Of Worlds channels have been particularly good.

My collection thus far

I'm currently making terrain and working out my warbands which will the subject of my next posts, but I'm determined to give my beasts a run out before too long.

Comments

  1. Nice stuff. Looking forward to seeing your terrain making.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

City ruins scatter terrain

Back to the beginning - micro armour

Swamp scatter terrain