The hobby week - 26th March to 01 April

With the real world seriously impacting hobby time this week I can say it's been the most unproductive week for years.  Here's what little I managed to do: 

Painting/modelling  

  • I finished off the Newline Designs 20mm Sikh Wars British infantry that I'd started last week.  Click here to see some pics.
  • Cleaned up, based and textured the bases for a regiment of Sikh infantry, also Newline Designs 20mm.  They've now been primed at least so I hope to get on with these next week.
Ready for priming

Research and reading

  • I started the week still looking at Ancients and the impending release of Strength and Honour.  I listened to a few podcasts with the author and I'm not sure how well they'll work for solo play so will put this to one side for now.
  • I've started thinking about my 16th Century project again and really must prioritise this.  Looking back at the blog it was supposed to be my Autumn/Winter project and then a priority for the first part of this year.  WW2 and the Algerian bug hit me so once again I was side tracked.  Focus man for The Lord's sake!

Incoming!

  • My order from Warbases arrived.  Usual quick service even allowing for the somewhat erratic postal service that I seem to get these days.  Bases and movement trays for the Sikh Wars figures and also some 2mm figures.  With all the Strength and Honour talk I wanted to see what the score/fuss was.  Unpainted underwhelming, but I suspect I may have a complete change of heart when they're painted.  It's a nice bit of MDF anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City ruins scatter terrain

28mm Victrix Late-Roman Archers and Slingers

More 28mm Dark Age warriors