The hobby week - 05 February - 11 February 2022

This is what I've been working on this week.

Painting/modelling  

  • I made a few batches of different shades of clump foliage out of old dish scourers.  I really like doing this sort of thing as they would have ended up in landfill.  They took no time and little effort to do.  Each scourer made a small bag of material.  When I've honed the technique and make more I'll do a post on it.
  • I made some more jungle terrain to act as a link between my Vietnamese village and the jungle - more pics here.
  • I cleaned up and started to paint a squad of Battlezone Miniatures USMC raiders to be used as ALN fighters for the Algerian War project.

Research

  • I'm well into A Savage War of Peace by Alistair Horne now.  What a great book it is.
  • I'm still researching the French Algerian and Indo-China Wars as and when time allows.  

Purchases

Very restrained this week with only a few things coming in:
  • I ordered a couple of packets of Swamp Green Tall Wild Tufts from Serious-Play on 2nd Feb and they arrived on the 10th.  The quality looks good but the speed of despatch is not as good as Tajima. 
  • I took a trip to my local Homebase to see the ever helpful and pleasant Jerry who does the paint mixing.  I took a swatch for VMC Iraqi Sand and got a pot to match and also got a pot of a Dulux terracotta like colour called Sumatran Sunset mixed up.  The Iraqi Sand is just as I wanted.  The terracotta less so, but it's usable.  £3.50 for 250 ml is a steal when compared to model paints. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City ruins scatter terrain

28mm Victrix Late-Roman Archers and Slingers

More 28mm Dark Age warriors