"Diesel punk" Germans

After the last few weeks of being "up the jungle" it was a nice change to get back to painting figures. 

These are Warlord Games Winter German infantry with Wargames Atlantic WW1 Stormtroopers heads.  I've always liked the Dieselpunk look so I decided to give them gasmask heads.  They needed a bit of Milliput to fill the gaps but it wasn’t too fiddly and I'm pleased with the result.   

Ready for priming

I'm glad I didn't buy more than a single sprue. Not because they're bad figures (far from it). Its because I wanted early war figures and there's too much late war weaponry such as STG 44s, Panzerfausts etc. which means you are very limited with poses, especially as I found the torso and arms are not that interchangeable. There's a definite best fit much more pronounced than on other Warlord sets I've made.  By trying to make the set as versatile as possible I feel that Warlord have made a set that doesn't enable you to even complete a squad very well, let alone a platoon.  A shame really because the sculpts are very good. 

They'll probably be used for an AE:WW2 Unternehmen Seelöwe game I've had in the back of my mind for nigh on 10 years. That's how quick I work.  

Completing these figures that leaves me with 3, that's THREE figures left to paint which are already in progress.  Lead Mountain???  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City ruins scatter terrain

28mm Victrix Late-Roman Archers and Slingers

More 28mm Dark Age warriors