15mm Japanese for Bolt Action

Apart from my 28mm Barbarossa era Red Army and Heer, all my WW2 forces are either 15mm or 20mm (1/76th). The majority of my 15mm are all old metal Battlefront (Flames of War) but I've never played that game, although I have the army books and rules (2nd edition I think). But I do play Bolt Action with them which is much more my cup of tea.

I've got quite a collection for various theatres but this year I'm aiming to finish off my Far East forces. This consists of USMC, Sikh (British Empire) and Imperial Japanese Army (IJA).

My IJA force only consisted of 1 infantry platoon as you can't get hold of the metal Battlefront figures anymore. However, this year I took the plunge and ordered up some figures from Eureka minis UK

All the reinforcements

The service was excellent and so are the figures. They are on the pricey side (60p a figure) but you can buy them as singles and can order exactly what you want. And Eureka do their best to avoid duplicate figures. 

They were lovely to paint and I had them finished within a week of getting them which is the way I'm trying to do things now. They fit in seamlessly with my Battlefront figures but a lot of that is to do with the basing at this scale.  I had some spare FOW bases so they match exactly apart from the suicidal lunatic with the pole charge who I based on a 12.5mm square from Warbases with the edges rounded off. My IJA force is much more interesting now and needs a game. 



I'll most probably use Eureka figures to fill in the gaps of my USMC force. I'm sorely tempted to build an Aussie force now as well...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

City ruins scatter terrain

28mm Victrix Late-Roman Archers and Slingers

More 28mm Dark Age warriors